Pine-scented candles tend to a) make one’s eyes sting b) smell like Mr. Clean or c) start off pleasant and then launch an epic headache. This candle does none of the above. It’s amazing and not at all cloying. I remember my mom telling me about going to some holiday party where the hostess compensated for her faux tree with a scented candle, back in the 80s, when such things were novel. I was skeptical. I’m still skeptical. This candle doesn’t recreate the effect of having a live tree in the house, but it smells damn good. Also, it’s only $10, burns for 35 hours, and comes in a wee mason jar. Thanks Mrs. Meyers!